Looking for a new challenging career in the oil and gas industry? Nova Analytics Inc. is now hiring, please contact us at
NOVA Analytics Inc. is actively hiring experienced and highly motivated Laboratory Analyst to join our team at our new laboratory located in Lloydminster, AB. This is a permanent, full-time position.
NOVA Analytics Inc. is a laboratory testing and field services company with over 20 years of experience in the energy and mining sectors. We believe in exceeding the expectations of our clients by providing outstanding service, applying innovative thinking, and delivering customized testing programs to maximize client profitability. NOVA Analytics Inc. has proven expertise and advanced analytical capabilities including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Crude oil
- Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Liquid Natural Gas (LNG)
The Laboratory Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical and field laboratory services (e.g., petroleum/gas sample collection, analysis, quality control (QC), data entry, records management); and, representing NOVA Analytics Inc. and its core values in a professional manner, to the oil and gas industry throughout western Canada. The role also includes implementation of alternate/additional analytical test methods (including procurement of supplies and equipment, and commissioning, as required). The Laboratory Analyst will support existing staff and operations in the laboratory and field, and be responsible for maintaining and adhering to NOVA Analytics Inc.’s Quality Management System (QMS), QA/QC protocols, and Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Complete preparation and analysis of petroleum/gas samples while following ASTM Methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and QA/QC protocols.
- Procurement of supplies and equipment (inventory management).
- Troubleshoot, maintain, verify, and calibrate analytical equipment.
- Support sample shipping/receiving and login.
- Clean, prepare, recharge and organize sampling cylinders, bottles, supplies, and equipment.
- Manage sample collection and pickup routes including resupplying sampling cylinders and tins to clients as needed.
- Complete petroleum/gas sampling and collection services at various oil and gas facilities in accordance to ASTM Standards and internal SOPs.
- Maintain vehicles, trailers and mobile and laboratory equipment and keep up to date with all inspections.
- Maintain data and other Quality Management System (QMS) records.
- Ensure Health and Safety Policies and Protocols are strictly adhered to in the laboratory and in the field.
- Participate in, and implement Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, attend staff and safety meetings, and follow the QMS.
- Safely manage wastes and perform general house-keeping duties as needed.
- Liaise with the various oil and gas clients/operators in a professional and courteous manner.
- Identify and provide information on new opportunities, leads, projects, and clients with a focus on pipelines/pipeline systems and crude oil quality testing programs (laboratory and field based).
- Establish connections and key client contacts via phone calls, emails, and meetings.
- Promote NOVA Analytics Inc.’s core service areas and capabilities to new and existing clients.
- Maintain and manage effective client relationships with new and existing clients.
- The employee may also be required to contribute to recruiting, training, and mentoring additional sales staff (dependent on the performance and success of the employee).
Required qualifications and experience:
- B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Chemistry, Petroleum Engineering/Science, or 3 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 2 years of experience completing the following analysis (or similar) on crude oils in a laboratory setting:
- Organic Chlorides
- Compositional analysis using GC and various detectors
- Previous experience with oil and gas sector analytical laboratory, petroleum sampling services and or fluid management systems, is a definite asset.
- Industry knowledge and field experience with upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas facilities, protocols and layout.
- Ability to self-manage and work responsibly, efficiently and communicate with clients, lab and management.
- Strong attention to detail for QC and data management
Mechanically inclined, computer orientated (e.g., Microsoft Office, LIMS).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, and an ability to manage time, and work independently.
- Valid drivers license and passport, as travel within and outside of Canada may be required.
- Ability to stay overnight out of town, work overtime and weekends during peak sampling times
- Positive attitude, team player and appreciation for working with great clients.Compensation package is competitive and includes benefits (e.g., health, vacation).
NOVA Analytics Inc. would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format to email@example.com and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Contact UsNOVA Analytics Inc.
407-2nd Street SW
Calgary, AB, T2P 2Y3
Phone: +1 (306) 370-9022